Its a 'pot pouri' of random thoughts, memories, recollections, anything on which I just feel like writing down.

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Chenta, Bebe and me

Sounds of laughter in the far distance
Beckon me back to those innocent days
Of childhood dreams and naïve thoughts
Of naughty escapades and mischief galore.


A quiet demeanor housing a steely frame of mind
Quick on her feet and loving elder sister to me
One on whom I looked up and worshipped the words she uttered
Stood shattered that fateful day
No tears in her eyes, no emotions on her face
Tiny though her frame was then
She firmly held the ground she stood
To be the strength for the broken lot
As she lost her father at fifteen.


A free-spirited lively bird
She fluttered her colourful wings
And charmed all with her resounding laughter
Mischief writ large on her face
She drove many an elder crazy
With her noisy swimming and off-tune songs
And impulsive screams in the middle of the road.
Beautiful cheeks with the beauty spot
Won and broke many suitors’ hearts
Left us earthlings that fateful morning
To cheer the denizens of the heavenly abode
With her laughter, songs and colours.


The baby of the three
Always happy to be pampered
Built up many a castle
In her mind
Of love and a life
Weaving tenderly and lovingly
A future to hold on dear
And a love to hold her tight.
But a shattered heart lies today
Her dreams broken, though she stands firm
And still says
Life must go on
The past has flown and gone forever
Save for coming back in our dreams
And cherished memories and nostalgia
Why cling on to a dead dream
When life looms large and bright
Beckoning me to new hopes and a new world.
Childhood remembrances can mingle
With youthful joys of today
Till I too come a full circle
Before I can bid good-bye
To a life I lived and enjoyed
So here’s to my life
And all who’s given me
Even a moment of love
Here’s a happy cheer
For all I have cared for
Here’s to each one of us
Here’s to our lives!!!

8th June 2001

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely one....You sure can bring out tears in me!!